Understanding the nature of consciousness has been described as the primary challenge facing us today. By combining the study of consciousness with recent developments in the psychology of spirituality, this MSc is distinctive in encouraging students to explore the further reaches of human experience.
The MSc will appeal to those who share our vision that three core features are central to the study of consciousness and the human mind:
• Connectedness to a larger scale of being
• Recognition of the sacred
• Sense of quest - that some form of spiritual journey lies at the core of human experience.
The paradigm shift underpinning this course has had significant impact in professional arenas, with increasing recognition of spiritual values in the workplace, the role of transformational leadership, and the importance of transpersonal experience in working towards realisation of our potential.
The masters provides an intellectually-challenging programme of study including:
• The nature of consciousness and its relation to the brain
• The psychology of self and higher states of being
• Creativity and transformation
• Psychological aspects of spiritual and mystical practices
• Transpersonal approaches to therapy
• The dialogue between science and mysticism
Experiential approaches to learning are also used to enable you to integrate insights from the course into your own life journeys.
This Masters operates fully online, enabling you to take control of the timing and pace of your study. There are no external workshops or study days during this programme, enabling us to offer this programme at a competitive rate.
Visit the Consciousness Spirituality & Transpersonal Psychology page on the Professional Development International web site, or http://www.aleftrust.org
, for more details!
First degree or relevant professional qualifications